Monday 19 October 2015

Kraft Plus October Challenge

Hi Crafty friends

I couldn't resist this month's Kraft Plus Challenge.

Inspired by nature is the theme, you have to use feathers plus any natural items on your page.

I've being wanting to scrap this photo that I took of a 'Scarlet Honeyeater' Bird at my parent's farm for a while now and whilst walking around I came across a dead branch from the Bottlebrush Trees that surround the farmhouse. I had the maybe insane idea to use it on a page, so I used the small branches to fashion a bird's nest as a frame around my photo and seed capsules. For the background I used water colour paints and pencils to draw a few branches of the Bottlebrush tree with blossoms and leaves. I also used white turkey feathers and hand dyed them with scarlet ink.

Let's not forget the WOW-Words or Whatever Chipboard that I used; Picture Perfect Word Title and Chicken Wire Panel.

Dont' forget to check out WOW - Words or Whatever Website and their new facebook page WOW Creations.





 
Here is the challenge moodboard and criteria.
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Elisa, this is stunning! Love the pops of red! BL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks absolutely amazing & the way you've incorporated the natural elements are really fabulous....totally in LOOOOVE with it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at K+ this month:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job with all the mixed media! BL

    ReplyDelete
  4. swoon.. you know I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow - that red!! Looks amazing. Thanks for joining in with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous take on the challenge, I adore your background! Thanks for joining us over @ Kraft+ :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting on our craft blog! 😄

'Frosty' by Elisa Ablett

  Hi Crafters, Elisa here from the design team for Ink Art Designs with the first of my 'Christmas in July' projects. For this proje...