Tuesday 2 February 2016

Scrap the Boys - February Design Team Reveal

Hi Elisa here again with my first share as part of the amazing Design Team at Scrap the Boys Challenge Blog.
 
 
It's a perfect fit for me, I have two boys and they are my main inspiration when I create so I have plenty of photos and stories to scrap!!!
 
 
Now down to business as they say ...
 
 
This month over at Scrap the Boy's we have an amazing sketch by the talented Laura Whitaker for you to feel inspired by, you can flip it, turn it etc we just need to see the bones of the sketch in your creation. Make sure you head on over to the blog via the link above to check out the full DT reveal and further guidelines.
 
 
 
Here is the layout I created using the sketch -
 
 
 
 
I decided to keep it a little more clean and simple than what I normally do BUT incorporate texture (felt, plastic, chipboard, tissue paper, washi tape, resist paper) and some mixed media techniques including water colours, water colours on resist paper, stamping and I made my own chipboard stars by handcutting the stars and sanding them back to create a rough texture and then painting them with a metallic finish to match my page.
 
Here is a couple of close up of the stars -
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by the blog today ....
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting on our craft blog! 😄

'Frosty' by Elisa Ablett

  Hi Crafters, Elisa here from the design team for Ink Art Designs with the first of my 'Christmas in July' projects. For this proje...