Monday 28 March 2016

Scrapbookingtop50oz - March Challenge - 'Sweet' by Elisa

Hi Everyone,

I hope we all had a great Easter long weekend with family and friends and perhaps getting a little crafty time in.

I managed to sneak in a layout for the awesome March Challenge over at Scrapbooking Top 50 Blog. Click on the link and head on over and check it out!
scrapbookingtop50oz.blogspot.com.au/march-challenge



The challenge is to use the word 'sweet' on your layout, I have wanted to scrap this huge photo of my youngest son with his awesomely 'sweet' smile for ages and also to use my new shimmery Daler - Rowney acrylic inks. Mixed with water they create great patterns!


Here are some close ups of the shimmery mosaic tiles that I created for my background. I wanted to keep the square pattern going from the photo, from the squares on my son's shirt and in the patterned paper on the edges of the layout. Add a rub-on and few little embellishments to finish off. I wanted to keep it fairly simple because of the size of the photo and the mosaic tiles are quite bright!




Thanks for stopping by the blog today, don't forget to leave some love and head on over to http://scrapbookingtop50oz.blogspot.com.au to check out their awesome challenges and Design Team inspiration.


11 comments:

  1. Awesome layout! Just stopping by from the Bloggie Love Facebook group to say hi!
    Hugs- Elina-BL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout. Such a clean look, but yet messy at the same time. Stunning work.
    -BL

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful page! I love your mosaic tiles! BL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That green really pops! Awesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just adore your design with the mosaic tiles and the large photo. Thanks for joining us this month at SBT50.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elisa, I just love what you've done with this layout!! The mosaic tiles look amazing! Thanks for joining us at SBT50

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love those mosaic tiles, they compliment the photo perfectly! Thank you for joining us at SBT50 this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this layout! The big photo and the green mosaic tiles are great! -BL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, stunning. Love everything about this layout, very clever use of individual tiles, colours perfect and the edging enhances the effect and brings it all together making the photo pop. Thanks for joining us at SBT50

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting on our craft blog! 😄

'Frosty' by Elisa Ablett

  Hi Crafters, Elisa here from the design team for Ink Art Designs with the first of my 'Christmas in July' projects. For this proje...