Friday 18 November 2016

Sunshine by Elisa Ablett

Hi Crafters,

Elisa here from the Design Team for Shop and Crop Scrapbooking with my latest share, a beach inspired layout using the versatile, vibrant Studio Glazes by Tsukineko (link to Glazes in shop) and Colour Blast Australia Shimmer Sprays and Pastes.

If you place an order online with Shop and Crop Scrapbooking at https://www.shopandcrop.com.au/ don't forget to place your discount code EA5 in the spot provided upon checkout!! 

Here is my finished layout - 



I have included a few photos to show you how I started my mixed Media Background and how I used the Glazes on Acetate to make my stained glass circles. 

Firstly, I grabbed my trusty Colour Blast Shimmer Spray in Tangareen Dream and Colour Blast Colour Sprays in Mocha and Carribean. Take the lids off and splatter each colour onto your page by gently tapping the plastic tube where you want your colour to go. I decided to keep mine on the right side of the page and leave some white space on the left. Put aside to dry. Once dry I used a black marker and a wave stencil (use the marker to trace around the waves in the stencil) to add some neat black waves to my design. Then add some Colour Blast Texture Paste in Bling with a dots stencil in the areas that you are going to put your acetate stained glass circles.




So to start I wanted to show you what the Tsukineko  Stazon Studio Glazes look like on paper and acetate but they can also be used on other surfaces including beads, acrylic, glass, metal, wood and other non-porous surfaces. You can use stencils with them and they have a handy pen like feel to them so you can lovely thin lines with them, perfect for creating faux stain glass effect.

Drying times can be lengthy if applying a thick layer, so either use thin layers and a light heat with a heat gun from a distance or you'll have to wait it out...

Shake the bottle before each use and I also gave it a little squeeze to get rid of air bubbles before squirting onto my page. It is not food safe or dishwasher safe so a wipe over with paper towel is all you need if completing ceramic or home decor projects...it is also not waterproof so you may need to seal outdoor projects to protect against exposure.
  

To create the circles i used on my layout, I used two pieces of acetate, i then squirted my chosen colours onto one side and then put the second piece over the top and then you can just smooth and rub over with your hand or use a brayer (lightly). Pull your acetate pieces apart and you get great patterns and texture on your acetate. Dry thoroughly.

Once dry using either circle punches, or circle dies or even just circular objects from around the house (trace around and fussy cut circles out) cut circles out of your acetate in a variety of sizes. Below is a photo of the acetate held up to the light you can see the 'stained glass effect' I just added a little glue to the back of the circles and glued them to my layout.




Here are some close ups of the layout for the finer details and the shine !







Lots of lovely colours in the range of the Studio Glazes at the Shop, head on over and have a look!!

Thank you for stopping today.

Elisa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting on our craft blog! 😄

'Frosty' by Elisa Ablett

  Hi Crafters, Elisa here from the design team for Ink Art Designs with the first of my 'Christmas in July' projects. For this proje...