Friday 18 August 2017

'Spread your wings and fly' by Elisa Ablett

 Hi Everyone,

Elisa here from the design team for D-lish Scraps with my latest layout showcasing the gorgeous range of goodies from the D-lish Scraps store.

I was lucky enough to win a Lindy's Stamp Gang Challenge recently and was sent a prize which included some gorgeous blues and copper colours in the lovely starburst, flat fabio and moonshot sprays, so thats where my inspiration came from. So I scoured through my extensive D-lish stash to find all things blue and copper to go with my colour scheme.

I love all things bohemian and dream catchers so I decided to make my own dream catcher with all the lovely feathers from the store. 

Let's take a look at the finer details of the layout in the close ups below !






Here is a close up of some lovely copper modelling paste through the Stencil---5-x-5---Pattern-Quartet with a palette knife, creating some lovely copper bling and texture on the background.



Some more of the stencilling on the right hand side along with the wood veneer title - Wood Veneer Alphas.









The feathers were made by spraying in layers, blue spray on the bottom and copper at the ends, then a little bit of copper glitter paste on the bottom of the Chipboard feathers. Wrap the wire around to create your circle for the dream catcher and staple to your page. Then add your feathers and the 'strings' of wire to your feathers. Add some blue cotton to the mix and your centre piece.

I added some background stamping using Carabelle Studios stamps and Fiona Paltridge's stamps from Aall and Create to the background to add depth before I glued my embellishments down.

And you have a finished layout.

Well that's it from me today, make sure you leave me some love in the comments xx

Elisa 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting on our craft blog! 😄

'Frosty' by Elisa Ablett

  Hi Crafters, Elisa here from the design team for Ink Art Designs with the first of my 'Christmas in July' projects. For this proje...