Friday 30 March 2018

'Transform' by Elisa Ablett

Hi Everyone,

Elisa here from the design team for Scrap Matrix with my latest layout based on the latest Scrap Matrix challenge - textures and layers.

 This is a slightly darker layout than what i usually do but i wanted to create a night cityscape on my background to go with the cityscape in the glasses of the snap chat filter in my photo.

Some of the textures and layers that I used to create this layout include - Prima Finnabair Metallique Wax in Aged Brass rubbed over a black embossed card stock, Black Pico Embellisher used to create scribble writing and to add details to the background, Dina Wakely Scribble Sticks (Yellow) to hand colour the butterflies, Black Dylusions spray to create splatters, Black 13 Arts Water Ink to create the horizon for my cityscape. 

All of the products can be found in the Scrap Matrix Store or be ordered through Vicki from Scrap Matrix.

I hand drew the buildings and bridges and houses with a black marker and using a paintbrush i coloured in the windows to match the touches of yellow, gold and brass in my layout. If you do not feel confident with drawing your buildings, Vicki has a great selection of City Buildings Stencils or there is the new Stamp Set #52 from Aall & Create that has buildings as well.

Sometimes its good to step out of your colour comfort zone I think!

The link to the Texture and Layers challenge in the Scrap Matrix Share group is below:-








Products used from Scrap Matrix Store - Links underneath the photos!









Stamperia Double-Sided Paper Pad 12"X12" 10/Pkg Blue Stars




Y



undefined


http://scrapmatrix.com/ayeeda-water-ink/

That's it from me today, I hope that i have encouraged you to try a different colour combination on your next layout, maybe go a little urban perhaps!

Hugs xx

Elisa 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting on our craft blog! 😄

'Frosty' by Elisa Ablett

  Hi Crafters, Elisa here from the design team for Ink Art Designs with the first of my 'Christmas in July' projects. For this proje...